OK, so I can’t read. I didn’t see “the world” when I wrote this. So, I will start with the most populous country in the world, then, when these are accomplished, move to the entire world! Note: I am not in China to make these changes in the country -- but to help improve the quality of life of people who have disabilities. But, if I were made Empress of China, this list is my first decree...
Top 10 changes to implement as Empress of China:
10. Allow people to have as many children as they want. No more 1-child policy. Actually, they can have a second child if the first child is more than 4 years old. If both parents come from one-child families, they can easily have a second child. Minority groups can also have a second child, and anyone who lives in a rural area can have an additional child to help with the farming.
9. Speed up the adoption process. Right now, people have to wait nearly 3 years for an adoption to go through. OK, so we know that these babies aren’t even a twinkle in someone’s eyes 3 years out, but I don’t understand why it is taking so long. I do know that there are plenty of kids that need good homes. Is there a relationship between this one and #10?
8. Stop tearing down the hutongs of Beijing. In old China, many houses were built close together around a central courtyard, with a water-well in the middle. These traditional courtyard residences were built close together, and were separated by alleys or narrow streets. The word hutong (胡同; hútòng) refers to the courtyard residence, and also the neighbourhood. In Beijing hutongs are being demolished to make way for new roads and buildings.
7. Free all people who have been imprisoned for political- or religious-freedom reasons.
6. I’m not sure if I can do this or not, but I would like to get rid of communism. ☺
5. Ban wife beating, and cheating on your wife, which in turn, would ban all mistresses.
4. No Littering. Litter in ALL areas of the country is appalling. The joke is that in a blackout, you can find all the cities by lighting one match. Throw it on the ground, and all the railways of China will catch on fire. You can then see where all the cities of the country are.
3. Ban pushing and shoving – teach courtesy in moving on the streets and in shops. And teach everyone how to queue. If people would learn how to line up, maybe there wouldn’t be so much pushing and shoving.
2. Ban horn honking throughout the country. Honking is a form of communication, to let cars, trucks and bicyclists know where you are. But it is non-stop!!!
And the number 1 decree is...
1. No spitting or smoking in public places – the street, the sidewalk, hospitals, hotel lobbies, taxis, restaurants, public building hallways, etc. (I can come up with 101 different types of locations for NO SPITTING). No smoking. Need I say more?
... then there is also the Sunday School answer. ☺
For more changes as King/Queen of the world, go here.