Some friends are preparing for their Chinese Driver's test. Here are some sample questions of the 1100 questions on the test, translated from Chinese to English (Chinglish). How well can you do?
1. Among drivers, a driver should:
a. deliberately underestimate each other
b. race for “vehicle hero”
c. learn from each other to make up each other’s deficiencies, help each other and drive safely
2. When driving and wanting to spit, the driver can:
a. spit to the road through the window of the vehicle
b. spit to the waste paper taken with him or her and stop to throw it onto the dustbin
c. spit to the carpeting
3. When driving a vehicle in summer, the driver:
a. can wear slippers
b. is not allowed to wear slippers for wearing slippers is neither polite nor safe
c. can wear any shoes as he or she likes
4. If there is an open wound in the waist such as intestine coming out, you should:
a. restore it
b. not treat it
c. not treat it, but use a bowl or pot to cover it and dress it with cloth strips externally
5. When driving through the concave-convex transverse road, the driver should shift to the lower gear in advance and _____________ relying on the inertia force:
a. let two front wheels steadily fall into the bottom of the ditch and then speed up to drive up the ditch
b. sway the steering wheel leftward and rightward to drive down and up the ditch and then speed up to drive
c. drive down and up the ditch and then speed up to drive
6. During his or her driving, the driver:
a. can smoke
b. can smoke in small amount when he or she feels spiritually fatigue
c. is not allowed to smoke
7. When driving at night in summer, the driver should pay attention to the ________ who are enjoying the cool on either side, road embankment and bridge and carefully prevent injuring anybody.
b. relaxing persons
8. If there is a bicycle rider clinging to the motor vehicle, the motor vehicle driver then should:
a. speed up to get rid of him or her
b. stop at once
c. stop steadily
10. When driving through the section of road where tooting is not forbidden, the drivershould:
a. toot as usual
b. increase the volume of tooting
c. try to toot as less as possible not to affect the routine of others
How well did you score?
9-10 questions correct: Congratulations!! You’ve earned your Chinese driver’s license.
6-8 questions correct: Sorry, you’re only fit to ride a horse or a yak.
3-5 questions correct: Sorry, you get a mule-drawn cart.
0-2 questions correct: Looks like you’ll be doing a lot of walking.